Author Topic: GTSdll developement stopped  (Read 16336 times)

GTS

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • GTSdll Author
    • GTSdll Homepage
GTSdll developement stopped
« on: March 17, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »
As you maybe noticed, there weren't any changes to GTSdll lately.

One reason for that is the lack of motivation i have for the project. I've got one donation in two years. I guess if i don't ask desperately for donations, no one will donate anyways. And i don't want to beg you people for money.

The other reason is work in real life. Although i don't get any money for that, i still have to do it to keep going.
Therefore I've got not enough free time. To be more honest, i don't want to use the little free time i have left to develop a project that doesn't get me anything.
I could stop working at this place i am in, but for that i need a "real" job, which gives me money for doing something. Right now, if i quit, the state will stop giving me unemployment compensation. Yes, i am unemployed for ~3 yrs now. This "employment" i have now is just to lower the the unemployment statistics of the state.
I know, now i kind of work for the unemployment compensation, but thats about 345 EUR/Month (working time: 35 hrs/week equals to ~2,46 EUR/Hour ... if i was in china, that probably would be good, but i am in Germany). Also most other unemployed people don't need to work for that, and have time to look for other places to work.

I'm pretty frustrated right now, not just because of the job, but also because of myself, being an idiot for not getting a better graduation when i had the chance to (would increase my chance to find work greatly), not getting a driving license (and a car) when i had the money (would increase the chances even more, since you NEED one almost everywhere, even if its just to get to work). From these 345 EUR i get now, it is impossible to get one. Saving money is no option, since i need every cent to live ... even if i could save some, it would take forever ... A driving license costs like 1300 EUR ...
I guess my only option is to get a better graduation, or a decent job (but thats nearly impossible i guess .. i tried for 3 yrs).

Erm ... anyways, I should stop complaining.
The bottom line is: There will be no updates of GTSdll anymore. I know some people in the channel still update their stuff, but i won't do anything for GTSdll anymore.

Development of GTSdll is now officially stopped.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:45:51 PM by GTS »
---> GTSdll Homepage <---

Peorth

Re: GTSdll developement stopped
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 08:28:40 PM »
Ouch! That sucks....I know how you must be right now, I'd consider myself pretty much in the same boat.

Would you be overly opposed to someone else taking over development?

GTS

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • GTSdll Author
    • GTSdll Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:47:20 PM »
Nah, i'm thinking of giving the source to some GTSdll ops anyways. But not right now ^^

Sol-Badguy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 02:54:24 AM »
Nah, i'm thinking of giving the source to some GTSdll ops anyways. But not right now ^^

Open sourcing it and letting those with time play with it is never a bad idea in my mind. As to everything else I understand the job pains all too well, having only an associates while better than nothing is not much more than nothing to employers sadly. My advice to you is settle for nothing less than a Bachelors degree go higher if you can, if you do put the fact that you are on your resume and who knows employers might get a lot more interested, the ones here like someone with ambition or so I have heard *can't imagine ones in Europe would be any different on that point but who knows*.

In anycase wish you luck. I'll still idle in the channel as usual.

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
    • http://www.utorrent.com
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »
I think the only thing we can say is - Thank you. I believe most people who have stayed in the IRC channel and stuck with us through all this time can say that your dedication for something only other people benefited from is remarkable.

You've always listened to what other users had to say and tried to answer most of their requests. You stayed around and helped even when your condition wasn't very allowing of that.

While i'm sure the channel staff would agree, I can only say for myself..
Thanks and good luck. I'm lucky to know such good people :)

I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death, Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons, Yet those hands will never hold anything.

So as I pray... Unlimited Blade Works.

DoSer

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles mate, we all have gone through similer situations. I hope things start going better for you.

Good luck

DoSer

Potential Force

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 03:56:46 PM »
Respected GTS,
Greetings and Welcome,

I want to share my thoughts here. From my point of view you need nothing more than correct your mind and your beliefs. Please see our outer world resembles our inner world. If you want to change your outer world first change your inner world and that would start by changing your beliefs. "If you change the way you look at the world the world you look at will change"

If you are still reading then it is not just another new age formula. I am writing from my personal experience. I am not a million dollar man but I increased my income 5 times in less than one year by changing my beliefs and I can assure it works.

So here is two steps formula
  • Identify Your limiting beliefs
  • Remove them

Both steps are pretty easy and do not act like neo :"Free your Mind". I would suggest reading spiritual marketing by joe vitale or some other good book on EFT. If you clear yourself  your world would change immediately. I am ready to help if you need more guidance

Any belief which is not serving you is wrong for example your belief of degree is totally wrong. From Microsoft king to Google king both sacrificed their degrees for a better future and if they can do that you can also.

Best Regards and Good wishes,

keram

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »
Oh that's a pitty...

Thank you for your awesome script and good luck in "real life".  :wave:

-Keram

Dark X PSX

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 11:13:58 PM »
It sucks to hear that you are giving up on the project, but hey man, you did a f***'n awsome job.  I hope you do hand the source over to someone or make it open source.

Good luck with your life and enjoy it man.  Remember, life is a bitch, but it's your bitch.

-Dark X PSX

aaaa

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 12:06:06 PM »
:-D

kelkun

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 03:20:57 PM »
 :D :grin: :) :( :-( :o :-o :eek: :shock: :? :laugh: :afro: :cheesy: :cry: :sad: :smiley: :undecided: :grin: :angel: :kiss: :shocked: :wink: :lipsrsealed: :huh: :police: :azn: :embarassed: :slywink: :mad: :icon_exclaim: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_evil: :icon_frown: :icon_lol: :smile: :wave: :icon_arrow: 8) :cool: :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :p :angry: :finger: :nod: :unibrow: :retard: :crybaby: :puke: :ninja: :drool: :paranoid: :wasted: :smirk: :tear: :confused: :smoke: :question: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: ^^ xD :zzz: :hp: :bash: :evilking: :king: :love: :poke: :bigguns: :sniper: :bomb: :bigthumb: :smack: :throwup: :lash: :insulted: :beer: :bored: :frusty: :bounce: :crazy: :elk: :smash:

GTS

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • GTSdll Author
    • GTSdll Homepage
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 09:05:26 AM »
Someone sure had fun there ;)

TheDeath

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 05:55:37 AM »
sad to hear but... THANK YOU for your work so far... i definitly enjoy the script and love it!!! Thanks man, its still the best i ever had!

And good luck for your Life, beeing unemployed here indeed sucks hard...

-TheDeath

dourcesnunc

Ha del africa
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »

Beats all you've ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born.

GTS

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • GTSdll Author
    • GTSdll Homepage
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
I've been in trouble with the law too, when i was young and foolish :P