Author Topic: gtsdll crash mIRC  (Read 22690 times)

name

Re: gtsdll crash mIRC
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 05:41:42 AM »
Well, this problem started for me today as well.

I've been using gtsdll for about a week, never had any problems.  Never messed with the settings either.  Hell, it was working just an hour ago.

Then suddenly... right click = mIRC freeze.  Unloading gtsdll and reloading it doesn't help.  Deleting gtsdll and redownloading it doesn't help.  Basically, I changed nothing and one minute it works, the next it's the death of mIRC.

Any idea what's up?  I tried the stuff listed in this thread to no avail.

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
    • http://www.utorrent.com
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 08:01:44 PM »
It's caused alot of the times by the 'Dynamic Popups' feature. We're not completely sure why yet. To disable it, Write "/GTSdllSettings" without the quotes in any channel or status window, Then uncheck that feature.

I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death, Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons, Yet those hands will never hold anything.

So as I pray... Unlimited Blade Works.

xMort

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 01:21:29 PM »
Today I found this bug too. Disabling popups solve the problem...

Eclectic

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »
Just to possibly help in solving this bug.

I have been using gtsdll  for about 2-3 years. Great work guy's, And awesome to see all this work being done again :D

Well, I use utorrent, and was pleased to see the uttorent support for gtsdll (I used to use azureus, so spammed away my downloads back when).

Now, it worked just fine when I initially turned on the dynamic pop-ups. And was a sweet feature. Then maybe 2 day's later, right click caused mIRC to freeze.

I then went into the config, and changed the name of the utorrent config. And started mirc. Lo and behold, right click worked a treat, renamed the utorrent conf back to it's original name. Right click cause mirc lock up again.

So, to me, all signs seem to point to Utorrent.

Is everyone else having the same problem usint utorrent?

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »
Hrm, Interesting. But I'm pretty sure people experienced that issue before uTorrent was even released. It might be related to the config files however, So thanks for your input either way. We'll  definitely look into it.

Have withstood pain to create many weapons, Yet those hands will never hold anything.

antiaries

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 02:27:29 AM »
Well, I'm not experiencing the crashes of mIRC whenever I try to right click, instead, it's whenever I use the /aud command while my mp3s were not running.

I recently installed the foobar COM server so that I could get unicode text to display properly, I followed the instructions in the readme and it worked just fine.

A minute later, I wanted to show someone in IRC the resulting mp3 tag with the /aud command, but I wasn't playing the mp3. It closed mIRC instantly.

Just to make sure, I ran another mp3, used the /aud command, no problems. Ran the /aud command with the mp3 stopped, and it crashed again.

Edit: I'm also running mIRC 6.2 and the latest version of the GTSdll plugin, just so you know.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 02:35:25 AM by antiaries »

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 05:27:16 PM »
I've never seen the plugin literally crash mIRC in the latest versions. There were some older crash problems that were fixed, but now even if the COMServer fails in some way, you should just get the "foobar is not playing" message.

Can you try and narrow it down? Does it happen only with certain filetypes, certain tag types, only unicode tags, etc.

Azuriel

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 06:48:19 PM »
deleting all the torrentclient config files had no effect for me. nor did a reinstall, redownload, or simple script reload in irc itself

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 07:59:22 PM »
As said, Those are probably not related - The crash mentioned by the thread opener is related to the dynamic pop-ups themselves, I don't think its just uTorrent.

Nicholi

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 10:41:39 AM »
I can confirm the problem may be something more related to getting info from torrent clients in general. I use ABC rather then uTorrent, and I ran into this problem quite randomly as well. However mIRC does not crash for me, it simply goes into a complete frozen/hang state. However after poking at this quite a bit I decided to close ABC while mIRC was frozen once and then magically it unfroze and showed the menu I right clicked previously.

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 07:38:58 PM »
Ok, Thanks for the report. Might have to do with the WINAPI functions being used for config-enabled Torrent Clients. We'll see what we can do.

Ice_Cold

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 09:07:07 PM »
I had this problem, gonna try the solution right now, but it did seem to sort of happen out of the blue n.n

Chris

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 03:30:14 AM »
well, I haven't even got dynamic popups enabled, and I haven't set up gts to work to work with uTorrent yet. But I know what's causing it on my end:
VISTA
Yup, yup. I've had this right click problem on THREE installs of Vista, never had a problem on XP. The bug randomly appears, and then the only solution is to unload gts permanently... or until next time you format... But the problem appears again after a while.

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 06:06:52 PM »
Odd. I've been using Vista ever since the first RC and I've never had GTSdll crash at all.

Sruh

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »
Found a Fix for it. Seems like its the UAC (User Control) in Vista. Just go to and change it in Control Panel / Users (disable it) and everything works fine. It sucks anyways ;x

Its because that Shit never saves the Config, it asks again if u wanna allow that Tool to use Admin Rights...

Greetings Sruh