Author Topic: 5.3 Howto - Setting Up GTSDll v1.x With foobar2000  (Read 10712 times)

Rogue`

• n00b
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Getting addicted
    • foobar2000
5.3 Howto - Setting Up GTSDll v1.x With foobar2000
« on: April 08, 2006, 12:09:51 PM »
This short how-to will guide you in setting up GTSdll to display stats for foobar2000.

foobar2000 side of the configuration

You first need to get a 3rd party plug-in for foobar2000 called foo_spam.dll by R1CH (aka Winamp API Emulator).

Extract the archive into your /foobar2000/components/ directory and restart foobar.

Open foobar's preferences window, and navigate too Display>Winamp API Emulator and highlight it.  On the right u will see info and a configuration line for foobar's output.  You can either use the default output or make your own.

Example:       [%artist% - ]$if(%title%,[%album% $char(40)%date%$char(41) - ]%title%,%_filename%)

Will display:   Eminem - 8 Mile (Deluxe Edition) Disc 2 (2002) - Stimulate

GTSdll side of the configuration

Type /gtsdllsettings <enter> and u will get GTSdll's settings window.

In the General tab look for the Winamp path and delete the contents in the line (so its blank).

Go to the Colors tab and change the drop down menu to WinAmp.  In the configuration line underneath the drop down menu edit the line.

To get the info from Winamp API Emulator all u need is [title], u can also add [bar=14,1,4] [bitrate] etc*.

Example:       ? foobar2000 v0.9 ? [title] ([bitrate]kbps) [[bar=10,-1,-1]]

Will display:   ? foobar2000 v0.9 ? Eminem - 8 Mile (Deluxe Edition) Disc 2 (2002) - Stimulate (192kbps) [|---------]

That's it, just type /aud like you would when using Winamp :)

*Some options from the Winamp Advanced Config documents may not work properly or at all with foobar.  Nothing can be done about this till GTS finishes GTSdll v2 and lets chaosblade do his magic ;)

Edit: Well looks like chaosblade worked his magic early, please click here for better foobar support :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:28:58 PM by Rogue` »

EqUaTe

• GTSdll Staff
  • Getting started
Re: 5.3 Howto - Setting Up GTSDll v1.x With foobar2000
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 05:23:57 AM »
Please note that this is no longer valid.

Instead, please read the foobar_readme in the extras directory of the current zip.

Thanks to chaosblade for the new method :-)
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world
into a slumber. Wake up! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you will never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink. So face forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... Are you ready to go?

Rogue`

• n00b
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Getting addicted
    • foobar2000
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 08:54:16 AM »
Altho if u still wish to use the Winamp API Emulator way, you can....

Just enter a path within the "Folder to Winamp" field and it will look for Winamp instead.

chaosblade

• Searching For My Truth
  • GTSdll Staff
  • Regular
  • Searching For My Truth
    • http://www.utorrent.com
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 08:24:54 PM »
:)

I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death, Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons, Yet those hands will never hold anything.

So as I pray... Unlimited Blade Works.