Author Topic: GTSdll ��� now playing encode display error  (Read 9568 times)

Mercenary09

GTSdll ��� now playing encode display error
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:31:16 AM »
Using foobar with GTSdll 1.2.7.3 on mIRC 7.17, and I fixed it, but I rebooted and had the same problem. I changed the version to lower than 6.17 and than back to >6.17 to see if either would fix it,
Code: [Select]
;####################################################
;##  $utfenabled(#channel or nick)                 ##
;####################################################
alias  utfenabled {
  if ($1 != $null) {
    if ($version >= 7.00) { ; utf was added in 6.17
and maybe I changed something else, but I don't remember.

Playing a song set higher or equal to mIRC 7.17 gives this:
(???) ?��Z??� 04. HAPPINESS [Mysterious Circle (2010)] 0:56/4:24 [��������������] (???)(???)

Before or equal to 6.17:
(�??�??�??) ???? 04. HAPPINESS [Mysterious Circle (2010)] 1:50/4:24 [¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦] (�??�??�??)(�??�??�??)

I can just not use unicode related characters as footers and headers. I just went around by using non-unicode. It'd just be cool if they worked, but I dunno if I'll actually get a response or any h e l p, but I guess it's some utf-8 enabled problem. The only option I see in mIRC 7.17 is to check UTF-8 encode/decode etc... on or off, and it's on.
Any help appreciated regardless.

• I made a portable install of mIRC and only added GTSdll to try; same problem.
  • I guess that also technically is a fresh install of using GTSdll as well

These posts are related, but didn't seem to fix the strange encoding display:
Yes, its caused by the updater of the previous version. It should work fine with the current one ;)

Thats probably caused by the unicode fix chaosblade added, i guess it doesnt work correctly when unicode is disabled.
To change that behaviour, find
  if ($version >= 6.17) { on line 856 in gtsdll.ini and change the number to something bigger, like 7.99 or so ;)
from http://www.gts-stuff.com/index.php/topic,1738.0.html

and (well, this is WinAmp related, I guess)

I'm using the latest GTSdll 1.2.7.3 on Sysreset 2.55, but since a couple of week when i show the music that I'm playing into winamp V5.572 the first letter of the Artist name does not appear. I have unload and try to get a new file by re-download the file on this site web but the problem is still the same...  :undecided: Any idea?

»» WinAmp «» e$ha - Tik Tok «» 00:06/03:22 [¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦] «» 320 kbps n/a ««   

It is Ke$ha normally and this happened for all the songs
from http://www.gts-stuff.com/index.php?action=post;quote=27207;topic=1745.0
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:53:30 AM by Mercenary09 »

FichteFoll

Re: GTSdll ��� now playing encode display error
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »
I got into the source code as I tried to figure out why it failed with foobar as well and gave me questionmarks ("[ foobar2000: ???? - ????·?????????? | 0:27/5:27 | 320 kbps ]").

So, I found out the problem was with
if ($utfenabled(%GTS_target)) {
      var %tmsg $utfencode(%tmsg)
    }
else {
[...]
on line 1229. With $uftenabled() to be exactly, which constantly returned $false. So, setting this to "if ($true)" would do the deal, but that's not what I wanted. So I went into that alias.

And found out, that it goes well until this point (l. 3033):
if ($gettok($readini($mircini,fonts,fchannel),4,44) == 2) {
            echo %eccol 5
            return $true
          }
          else return $false
which resulted in a $false. Searching the mirc.ini then showed this:
[fonts]

[cnicks]
What's important is that there is no entry at all in this section but I can see and also write unicode into every channel.

Then, how do I fix this?
gtsdll expects something like this:
[fonts]
fchannel=Fixedsys,412,0,2,0
(See that "fchannel" and the 2 in the fourth token)
To create this just paste it into the ini (lol) or click that icon on the left of the menubar in mIRC, go to "Font...", do whatever you want (I did nothing) and select "Set as default for channel windows". That's it.

But the question now is: Why is this required? I can't see an option that changes this value 2 nor do I know what this represents. I tried setting random fonts but this always resulted in a 2.
It would make sense to check if this value unequals 1 or 0 if that does not allow unicode. But furthermore you'd have to check for override options with the specific channel, like "f#gtsdll=Fixedsys,412,0,1,0" which has no 2 here (though I edited this line manually).

Edit: I saw this image: http://imgur.com/CSLOO.png which makes pretty much clear how it was handled before... So this kind of depends on backwards compatibility and is not needed for mIRC 7.22 (probably older).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:10:49 PM by FichteFoll »

Mercenary09

Re: GTSdll ��� now playing encode display error
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:34:46 AM »
short version: If someone actually fixed this small matter of a problem, it'd be cool, but if not! Oh well. Also I think it's really just mIRC's unicode on this pc or the settings when installed on this pc since 6.35 on another PC display fine (weird to me because I don't see why that would matter where it was installed, so maybe it's just settings)

I think I can't exactly fix this, anyway. Or maybe I could, but I think it's something weird with either version of mIRC installed on this pc (I had an old PC before this, and I was using 6.35 for a while and it displayed fine without all the ÃÃÃÂÂÂ if I used headers or footers that were unicode characters. I also remember installing 6.35 on this PC just to see if I still had the problem, and strangely I did (opposed to the copied over version of 6.35 from my old PC)

Just opened the 6.35 just to see for old times, and the top is with some System font, but the actual problem was the script you were able to choose was only Japanese and I switched back to Tahoma where you had romanized alphabet scripts. Unchecking UTF-8 display only garbles the unicode tags from what you np.

Well, it's not a real problem, just a curious one (for me) anyway. I just wanted the benefit of unicode characters for spacers. I just switched characters that were breaking it to something that isn't unicode since I don't think I could solve the problem of the ÂÂÂ. While it would be neat if someone else had this problem and figured out what caused it, that'd be nice, but it's just for the eyes.

But the question now is: Why is this required? I can't see an option that changes this value 2 nor do I know what this represents. I tried setting random fonts but this always resulted in a 2.

I think this is just to allow the font to display unicode characters or not. I changed it to 1 and 0, and at least one of them (or both) garbed the unicode that you announced to the channel (basically it worked the same way as the top announce in the first image if you set the version higher than your current mIRC version)